Steel Expanded Metal is a sheet product that has been slit and stretched to a wide array of diamond shaped openings. Steel expanded metal offers savings in weight and metal, free passage of light, liquid, sound and air, while providing a decorative or ornamental effect.
Stock sizes may vary +/- 1/4". Diamonds run Longways on 4ft x 8ft & 5ft x 10ft, Shortway on all pre-cut sizes. Please call us if you need specific sizes or diamond direction.
- Specifications: MIL-M-17194C, ASTM F1267-07, Type II, Available in flattened (smooth) and standard (raised) surface.
- Applications: security, sifting, machinery guards, flooring, walkways, shelving, window protection, etc.
- Workability: Easy to Weld, Cut, and Form with proper equipment
- Mechanical Properties: Magnetic, Tensile = 52K +/-, Yield = 38K +/-
- How is it Measured? Nominal size of diamond opening, short-way X thickness X width X length
- Available Stock Sizes: 1ft x 2ft, 1ft x 4ft, 2ft x 2ft, 2ft x 4ft, 4ft x 4ft, 4ft x 8ft, 5ft x 10ft or Cut to Size